I was tagged by the lovely Eve Messenger to do this tag. And it’s cold out and I’m reading a classic right now, so it’s the perfect time.
1. An overhyped classic that you didn’t like
For some reason this was just about the only book from high school English class that I didn’t like. It might be due to the fact that I hate modern warfare and basically the entire idea of war and death. I didn’t find anything to relate to in this book which is sad because I know a lot of people adore this novel.
2. Favorite time period to read about
Since I’m a history junkie and I love LOVE historical fiction. So I’m going to say my CURRENT favorite time period is WWI England. I think it’s my obsession with Downton Abbey that’s fueling it.
3. Favorite Fairy Tale
Peter Pan has always been a particular favorite of mine ever since I was a kid. I loved the Disney movie and watched it over and over again when I was little. Now it may have been enhanced by Once Upon a Time just a little bit.
4. Most embarrassing Classic that you haven’t read
For someone completely obsessed with The French Revolution, it’s pathetic that I haven’t read this book yet. It’s the ultimate historical fiction.
5. Top Five Classics you want to read
– Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte (currently reading)
– Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert
– Paradise Lost by John Milton
– The Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald
– Persuasion by Jane Austin
6. Favorite modern book that’s based on a Classic
I’ve never actually read one. If you know of any good ones, leave a suggestion below!
7. Favorite movie based on a Classic
It’s pretty surprising that my favorite adaptation of a classic is based on my favorite book of all time that also happens to be a classic. I thought they captured the essence of Jane Eyre extremely well in this adaptation. Most of the lines were straight out of the book. There were no “extra” events or unnecessary additions to the movie. The acting is spectacular and the Rochester/Jane feels are real.
8. Worse adaption of a Classic
The Scarlett Letter movie with Demi Moore. It was awful.
9. Favorite editions you would like to collect
The Penguin English Library Editions
10. An Underhyped Classic
I hardly hear anything about this book on blogs, booktube or anywhere. It’s a thought provoking and heartbreaking tale. But very worth a read. Especially for women.
I’m going to tag some lovely people who’s posts I really enjoy. Please check their blogs out!
~ The Grisha Lieutenant