I saw this on the wonderful Katytastic’s channel just today and thought it would be fun. Since I won’t be participating in this Wednesday’s Top 5, I chose this instead. So without further delay heeeeeeeeeeeeere we go.
1. A book that TOTALLY SHOULD’VE had a sequel
I chose The Night Circus because I am NOT done with these characters. I love this book. I LOOVEEE it. But the ending did leave me a little unsatisfied (and a little confused at parts). I just felt there is so much more story in this universe that I want to discover and I am still not over it. But I read it for my very first book club book like three years ago.
2. A book/series that TOTALLY SHOULD’VE had a Spin-Off series
*Slams fists on table* MARAUDERS. MARAUDERS.
I honestly tried to think of something else. But I’m pretty sure I would give part of my soul away if J.K Rowling would write Marauders books.
3. An author who TOTALLY SHOULD write more books
I chose Lev Grossman because I thought his writing was spectacular in The Magician’s Series and I want more. But I’d be curious to see how he’d do with different subject matter. I hope it stays within fantasy, but really, whatever he comes out with I will probably read.
4. A character who TOTALLY SHOULD’VE ended up with someone else
I can’t say WHO I would have preferred Alina to end up with (because spoilers). But I totally DO NOT agree with who she ended up with. That was the only part of Ruin and Rising that made me so angry. Out of the many suitors, she ended up with the only one I didn’t want.
5. A book/series that TOTALLY SHOULD’VE ended differently
Let me explain here. There was only ONE part that I liked about this ending. It was that Peeta and Katniss ended up together. (If you’re complaining about spoilers, you’ve had years, sue me) I hated that Prim died. I hated that nothing was REALLY wrapped up and that this book as a whole was a complete disappointment. (In my opinion. Sorry if you loved it)
6. A book/series that TOTALLY SHOULD’VE had a movie franchise
Don’t care if it’s too early. I want the movie and I want it NOW.
7. A book/series that TOTALLY SHOULD’VE had a TV show
I think we’re all 100% ready for this. Don’t deny it.
8. A book/series that TOTALLY SHOULD’VE only had one point of view
(I don’t really have an answer for this one. Hopefully you come up with something. Here’s a cute gif for your trouble.)
9. A book/series that TOTALLY SHOULD’VE had a cover change.
This was the first book that came to mind. I just hate this cover and have since I was a little kid. Stop smirking at me. It’s making me uncomfortable.
10. A book/series that TOTALLY SHOULD’VE kept the original covers
I hate the new covers with a burning passion. These are beautiful. Leave them alone.
11. A series that TOTALLY SHOULD’VE stopped at book #1
Going to agree with Katytastic again on this one. I couldn’t get through Insurgent. I haven’t even seen the movie. I loved the first book, then about halfway through the second I was just sort of done.
Thanks for reading! Comment your thoughts!
~The Grisha Lieutenant
P.S. Let me know what you think of the new blog layout!