The creator of the Top 10 Tuesday is Brooke and Bookish. Please check out their blog for more information!
This week’s Top 10 Tuesday topic is your top 10 TBR books for the summer! This is a pretty exciting tag for me since it will be my first blog post for Top 10 Tuesdays. I figured I may as well step up on the bandwagon and do my own! Thanks to those that have followed me back! I’m still pretty new to this and appreciate the support. Anyways, on with the Top 10 picks!
1. The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare: I’ve slowly been making my way through the Shadowhunter books. Both The Infernal Devices and The Mortal Instruments in preparation for the new series that will be coming out soon. My best friend really loves these books and finally convinced me to finish the series where I had previously left off. I’m on City of Lost Souls right now. After I finish that, I plan on reading Clockwork Princess, City of Heavenly Fire and The Bane Chronicles.
2. The Diviners by Libba Bray: I’ve wanted to read this for some time and it’s even centered on my shelf because I think the cover is beautiful. I’ve officially run out of excuses and need to read this book. Especially since I’ve read the Gemma Doyle books.
3. The Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout: I’ve had this completed series on my shelf for some time (in the covers above). I’ve been itching to read something in the Sci-Fi genera and am hoping to crack these open. It really appeals to me that the main character is a book blogger of some sort.
4. Throne of Glass Series: Now that I’ve read A Court of Thorns and Roses there’s no way that I can NOT read Throne of Glass. I’m not really sure why I picked up ACOTAR before Throne of Glass, but I’m sort of glad that I did. It flew to the top of my favorites of 2015 so far.
5. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell: I’m seriously slacking in the Rainbow Rowell department. Almost every booktuber that I watch has raved about her books, numerous book blogs I follow love her and it’s a book about fan fiction. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME.
6. The Chaos Walking Trilogy: Another completed series I’ve had on my shelf for a long time. I always hear wonderful things about the villain in this series being a particular favorite of many bloggers. I haven’t read many books with a male protagonist (other than Harry Potter) and look forward to it.
7. The Fallen Kingdoms Series: I found Game of Thrones to be a little slow for my liking. But GingerReadsLainey recommends these over and over again and I trust her opinion. I own the first two in paperback and just need an excuse to pick them up.
8. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss: I’ve had this for years and have been too intimidated to pick it up. It’s a thick paperback, you can’t really blame me can you? Most of my friends read adult fantasy and will not stop telling me to read this book. So I better finally give in and see what it’s all about.
9. Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson: I’ve had this book since my birthday last year when a friend bought it for me. Margot from Epic Reads have repeatedly mentioned this is the book that got her in to YA fiction. I love Peter Pan, it’s always been one of my favorite stories, even as an adult.
10. The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black: I’ve never actually read a Holly Black book and figure that I should remedy that. I attempted to read her Curseworkers series and just didn’t get to it before I had to return it to the library. I own this one so I should have no excuse. Besides, after ACOTAR, I really want more faerie reads!
Leave a comment if you’ve read any of these and let me know what you think! 🙂